Demanding tasks for a company leader
Our client is a very successful, globally active, German manufacturing enterprise with several thousand employees, technological in orientation, dynamically innovative, and characterised both by high quality in all products and processes and healthy growth.
Our client owns a Dutch company with approx. 200 employees, headquartered in an attractive region of the Netherlands with excellent transport connections, which develops, produces and distributes highly interesting additions to the portfolio of its German parent company. The Dutch company has retained its independence – the managing director reports directly to the CEO of the German parent company.
The Dutch company enjoys an outstanding reputation both nationally and internationally and is a leader of innovation in its sector.
We are seeking a successor for the position of:
Managing Director / CEO
of the Dutch company
After completing your degree (ideally, you will have graduated in a technical field such as mechanical/industrial/automotive engineering) you have gained some years of management experience at a successful firm working in one of the following fields:
Agricultural machinery, commercial vehicles, self-driving machinery e.g. forklifts, construction machinery, municipal vehicles e.g. for road sweeping, snow-shovelling etc. (here, we mean not just manufacturers of the entire vehicle but also producers of important components e.g. bodywork, axles etc.).
You have very good technical understanding and have already borne responsibility for a production department – ideally supplemented by experience in other areas such as sales or product management. Either you are already a managing director or you currently bear entrepreneurial responsibility at the second level of management.
As a person, you impress with your high social competence and combination of analytical and conceptual strengths with a marked focus on implementation. Leadership ability, team building skills and active communication are all facets of your personality. You are a self-confessed, cosmopolitan executive who radiates positivity and thinks both globally and holistically.
You address tasks analytically and pragmatically, push actively forward towards a solution, and in doing so impress on all levels with your structured mode of action. You think in terms of customer needs and understand how to implement these needs on a technical level.
You support the continuous further development of all processes. You think strategically and innovatively, act pragmatically and lead all projects to lasting success. Strong communication skills, a fascination for the latest technology and an enjoyment of working with engaged people complete your profile.
It goes without saying that you are business-fluent in Dutch and English.
A selection of the tasks assigned to you:
- Continuous improvement with regard to processes, methods, quality and standardisation (platform principle)
- Further development of production through the standardisation and optimisation of processes within the framework of lean thinking and operational excellence
- Development and implementation of a system of indicators to track operational excellence initiatives
- Alignment of structures and processes of purchasing and supply chain organisation towards the company strategy to ensure the long-term competitiveness of the company
- Further development of sales using KPIs towards achieving best in class management through transparent, process-focused and efficiency-oriented leadership
- Support for key customers and accounts
- Further managerial development of the service organisation with a focus on customer satisfaction, efficiency and profitability
- Targeted personal and specialist training of your employees to create a highly motivated, enthusiastic and entrepreneurially-minded team of top performers; creation of an activity-oriented, inspirational work environment
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement; constantly searching for alternative solutions; critical scrutiny of processes and technical concepts
- Optimisation of cross-departmental collaboration and support for open, creative and integrative communication at all decision-making levels
- Active strategic cost management to ensure continuous efficiency improvement in all areas of responsibility
If you consider yourself a passionate business leader with an eye for both the essential and the achievable, who can bring a strong hands-on mentality and an ability to transfer your enthusiasm to others with ease, we look forward to receiving your application (exclusively by email to firstname.lastname@example.org), including your expected salary and earliest start date, at tups & tups management consultants, Am Krummen Weg 8, D-40547 Düsseldorf.
In order for us to prepare for a later telephone interview, please email us your CV in English only, initially.
The strictly confidential processing of your application is just as important to us as compliance with any non-disclosure agreements or embargoes.
Please also note that our client desires great discretion in the search for a candidate. Birgit and Rolf Tups are available if you have any questions at 0049 211 – 55 77 80.