Our client is a thriving Dutch company with approx. 200 employees which develops, produces and distributes demanding technical products with a high degree of complexity. It is headquartered in the Eindhoven Metropolitan Region, which has excellent transport links. The Dutch company is part of a very successful globally active German group, with several thousand employees. The Dutch company has retained its independence and gains significant support in its expansion strategy from its affiliation with the German parent company.
Both the German parent company and Dutch affiliate enjoy an outstanding reputation and are leaders in innovation in their sectors.
If you are a confident, experienced, cosmopolitan person with a positive attitude who thinks globally, entrepreneurially and holistically, a challenging, complex leadership role awaits you as
Head of Procurement (m/f/d)
You (m/f/d) are a motivated manager who combines the ability to inspire your team with a goal and solution-oriented approach. You have both an analytical/conceptual mode of thought and a talent for implementation. With your highly developed hands-on mentality, you actively ensure the continuous development of all processes within your field of responsibility. You think strategically, act pragmatically and lead your employees to long-term success by acting as a credible, authentic role model. Agile leadership is important to you; you are a “driving force” where digitalisation is concerned. You also excel at getting straight to the heart of a topic in a focused, precise way.
You have successfully completed your degree in the field of technology or business economics. If you are an economist, your experience must have given you extensive technical understanding. If you studied in a technical field, on the other hand, sound knowledge of business administration is a must.
You are currently in a leadership position (or you want to make your next career move into a management position) in global procurement at a company within the general field of mechanical engineering, self-driving machinery (e.g. construction machinery, industrial trucks, agricultural machinery etc.), commercial vehicles or automotive supplies.Our client is able to consider candidates from the automotive supplier industry, but only if the following specific requirement is fulfilled: you must have sound experience of metal processing and components or systems such as welded assemblies, aluminium extrusion, axles, hydraulic and electrical systems (these are just a few examples – you are not expected to have experience in all of these areas).
It goes without saying that you are business-fluent in Dutch and English. Sound experience of ERP systems is needed (SAP would be ideal but is not a requirement).
You do not consider business travel (approx. 20% of your working hours) a burden, but look forward to contact with customers, business partners and suppliers at premises located both at home and abroad.
Your key tasks:
Responsibility for strategic and operational leadership in global procurement, in particular:
- Functional and disciplinary leadership and development of a team of six employees engaged in operative and strategic procurement
- Strategic direction and development of the department to become a “best of class” procurement organisation
- Ensuring a functional international supply chain, taking price, shipping periods, quality and risk-related aspects into account
- Further development of collaboration relating to procurement issues with other companies within the group
- Digitalisation of procurement processes (e.g. supplier platform, e-auctions)
- Responsibility for strategic supplier management and the development and implementation of a cross-group procurement strategy in agreement with other companies within the group
- Creation of a powerful supplier base through the conception and implementation of suitable procurement strategies across all product groups
- Carrying out supplier evaluations and systematic supplier development (acquisition and development of new suppliers, phasing out of suppliers if necessary)
- Optimisation of supplier integration and contracts; contract and price negotiations with suppliers in a national and international environment
- Continuous, proactive identification of optimisation and savings potential
- Market observation and analysis
- Close collaboration with the production, development, sales, aftersales and commercial departments
- Constant optimisation of processes, working methods and systems
- Establishment or further development of procurement controlling
- Definition and monitoring of KPIs
If, in addition to the desired expertise, you also have excellent negotiation skills, a winning, confident and competent attitude at all levels and highly developed abilities where constructive collaboration with other company departments is concerned, we would be very pleased to receive your CV in preparation for an initial telephone interview.
Please send your CV – in English – including your expected salary and earliest start date to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to Birgit and Rolf Tups, tups & tups management consultants, Am Krummen Weg 8, D-40547 Düsseldorf, Telephone 0049 211 – 557780.
In your CV or covering letter, please tell us briefly about the sectors in which your current and former employers work and the products they manufacture.
The strictly confidential processing of your application is just as important to us as compliance with any non-disclosure agreements or embargoes.
Please also take note that our client desires absolute discretion in the search for a candidate. This means we can only give you very limited information about our client beforehand.